Friday, August 04, 2006

james dudt is a doody head

ok that title was just for james, enjoy you butthole.

So here's my last day in Africa, my last day in Uganda....at least for quite some time. What can i say? it's definitely been an adventure. I've met some amazing men and women of God, I've seen amazing things and it's changed the path of my life quite profoundly.

I don't have much more to share with you guys, all i can say is thanks for reading and thanks for your prayers. It's 820AM here right now and i have approx 12 hours before we head to the airport and i board the plane at 11pm africa time, 3pm central time. Today i'll spend in the city, sucking in the sights (and the smog/burning trash smoke) for the last time. The walk to work this morning was definitely bittersweet. I think it's finally hit me just how much i am going to miss this place, how thankful i am for the time and experience that was spent here, and how much of an impression it's made on my heart, and for that matter my soul.

Again thank you so much for your prayers, they've been felt, in the midst of being in africa and coping with a different culture, poverty, starvation, death and dying i've also dealt with alot of personal stuff, like who i am, why i am the way i am, how i relate to people, how people relate to me, etc etc. It's been good, it's been tough, i've been broken beat up and lifted up again a few times. It's all definitely been worth it, and now i am sad that i have to go.

Thank you so much for your support, thank you so much for your love, it's done wonders! thank you so much for everything you people are absolutely amazing!!!

Well, it's time for friday mroning worship, and i'm definitely ready to go play guitar and lift up the Almighty God of the Universe! Get excited, for He is worthy of all our praise.




See you kids back in the first world...

2 Comments:

Blogger James said...

i'm #501.




you just missed this conversation:

JD: Mark, I poked your girlfriend.
MH: Are you serious?

8/06/2006 9:45 PM  
Blogger James said...

i'm also #555.

8/20/2006 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home