Wednesday, July 26, 2006

retrospect

Besides letting you guys know how the safari goes this weekend and showing you some pictures of that, I think the next few entries will be me looking back on this summer and summarizing what i've thought about/done for the past two or so months.

I've been so busy here with work for the past two weeks that i've really not been doing alot of thinking about anything. And it was in the past few days that i realized how normal i feel here now. I still cannot believe that i have 9 days after today before i am on my way home, it's so surreal, and i dont even nkow what to expect.

So i look back at the spiritual state i was in in May and am completely floored by the work the Lord has done. I went back and read alot of journal entries and looked at all the prayers that were answered in me in just the past two months. How much has the Lord restored me to Him and grown my faith in Him by simply showing me His love.

I look at my character, and see how the Lord has slowed me down. I mean just at my tactfulness and sensitivity to not say certain things around locals. Or i can see someone say something and think, "wow that was really untactful" and it sucks to be reminded that I am like that as well, but it's good to see how He's moving me beyond that. I knew i cared about people, but the Lord has relaly taught me alot about loving people for who they are and where they are at, not where i want them to be or where they are not. Just like Jesus loving people regardless of who they are what they've done and where they are at. I mean love won't change anything if it's conditional.

Love for the simpler things. Like a walk to work, or a boda ride in the rain with my rain jacket on. All these simple easy to miss things are gifts, and gosh i've enjoyed all of them.

Then I look at all the sad things I've seen, all the pot-bellied kids, all the governmental non-action, and i've definitely come to realize that all these big problems cannot and never will be solved by big governments with lots of money and power, and ultimately these problems are in God's hands. Honestly if you had a billion dollars you couldn't fix one country over here, you just couldn't it wouldn't work the way we think it would. I've definitely seen that good intentions really dont do squat over here, it's only Him that allows anything to happen at all.

I am almost positive engineering is not hte direction my life will take me in, and you guys have no idea how excited i am to finally say that for real, rather than half joke about it. I really want to learn more about the world, about people, and somehow do something that will allow me to be back over here someday for a very long time. If not here then somewhere else besides teh states. It's a big world, and the future is bright, and i cannot wait to see what God has in store for me.

One thing that's definitely been drilled home is how amazingly blessed I am by Texas A&M. Nowhere else, and at no other university could I find this many amazingly god fearing men and women, nowhere! I look at the amazing people this university attracts, and i realize how incredibly awesome my friends are there. Jared, Wes, Andy, Jspence, i seriously miss praying with you guys, i mean that could be the reason for a get together because i feel so energized after doing so, i love you all and ill see you very soon! Amby, Kristin, Yaks, and whatever girls i know will frequent our house in the fall, you are so welcome and i can't wait to see your amazing faces!!

well this was ramble after ramble so im gonna stop and get back to work....10 days left...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home