Monday, July 24, 2006

this is it

i cant believe it took me this long to figure out something so simple, but maybe it's so amazing that's why it took me so long ot figure it out.

Every day, every single day, we have the opportunity to make a choice. All of us, in our walks with Christ have struggles, have ruts we get into, have downtime where God just doesn't feel intimate or close, and even when we know He is there but we just dont feel it as well as the times when he's so presently there we can't contain ourselves we have a choice.

We have a choice every morning to say, God you created me to enjoy you and so today I choose to, I choose today to lay down my cares, my worries, my sin, my pride, my selfishness, my righteousness, my holiness, my talents, my skills, my hurts, my pains, my guiltiness, my shame, my self-loathing, my depression, my etc... Thanks to His choosing us we now have the ability no, opportunity to choose Him back! The spiritual ruts or dry times i woudl assume almost if not always are our own creation, or at the very least our succumbing to lies of our own flesh or of the enemy, both of which have been defeated.

So I challenge you as well as myself daily, to dedicate and declare yourself to God, not for salvation because you can't receive something you already have, but just for personal dedication, for quality of life, for joy and for peace.

This is so beautiful in it's simplicity and i love it, but that's what i've found here, no matter what, no matter what hte situation or problem we can always choose to glorify and exalt Him and that in turn gets our hearts right. How funny that all is seemingly right in the world when our hearts and minds completely exalt Him in all that they do, it's probably because that means everything is right. The problems will be fixed as He sees fit, so this is me looking back at an entry from last week where i was talking to Mark about how i should be having a crappy day. Thus the power of God to transcend the temporary and put our hearts on something bigger, something more.

If something is not eternal, it is eternally worthless -- C.S. Lewis (horrible paraphrase)

1 Comments:

Blogger Ber said...

yea. it's me. again. we just talked. but, i wanted to say that i love you. and even though we just talked, i miss you like crazy. like jelly without peanut butter. nobody has jelly without peanut butter. some do the peanut butter without the jelly, but never the other way around. which is why you are peanut butter, and i am jelly, and i'm lost without you on the other half of the bread.

bye josh-pants. ;)

7/24/2006 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home