Wednesday, July 19, 2006

PR's and just to ramble

part of a journal from this morning:

I'm not sure if this is jsut me focusing on my physical state and thus being very negative w/my outlook on the rest of my time here...maybe it's also the fact that I've been cooped up in this office for two days this week and I'm starting to dislike being in doors. Regardless of the reason, I am cranky and whiny and thus it affects my outlook.

I am worried that i'll get back and love all the time i spent here except the last three weeks and see those as a complete waste of time.

Those were my musings last night and it's possible I'm completely wrong.

Well since this morning i feel alot better actually, I felt like vomiting on the car ride from the house to the office, and even today i dont feel like shooting myself in the face after having spent the entire day in teh office. But my PR is in there as well, guys please pray for me that I woudln't waste the time I have here dwelling on home and things i miss, and rather my vision would be for the here and now (in an eternal sense). I mean afterall if i wanted a vacation it cost an awful lot to come here, thankfully you guys provided the means to get me here, i realize I havent thanked all of you yet!!

Wow, how selfish have I been! Thank you so much for your help in getting me where I am at right now. You have helped fulfill the Lord's will in my life because He truly has changed alot of things and broken alot of thigns down in my heart and really grown me and shown me different parts of Him, and all of that is realyl very exciting, but none of it woudl have been possible w/o your help! You have been a blessing and through your blessings have come countless more!

all i can say is thank you thank you thank you!!

So here are a few more:

I'll have to explain this one a little bit, but Impact is an organization I'm involved in back at A&M, it "seeks to glorify the Lord in every aspect of it's existence by giving incoming freshmen [christian (or not)] their first glimpse of the body of christ at texas a&m" (there Laura do i win a tshirt? haha). Anyways the structure is like so, there are two sessions and alpha and an omega session, the alpha and omega sessions host 10 and 9 camps respectively at a retreat center somewhere in east texas called pineywoods. Each camp has two cochairs who lead 12 counselors and 2 prayer teamers (all of whom are current students and have been cultivating a family sort of back at a&m since around february), also at impact we will get another 40 someodd freshmen per camp 4-6 of which will be assigned to each counselor partner ship (a boy and a girl) called a BASIC group (brothers and sisters in christ). It is also led by an exec body (also students). all that to say is that I am a cochair, and in august impact will happen when i get back. So i was hoping you could pray for impact as a whole and for the incoming freshmen in my camp specifically. Each camp is named after a tribe of Israel and combined with teh session, so my camp is called "Omega Gad." Sorry for such a long winded explanation, anyways that's my life back at a&m in case any of you were interested.

Next I really want to begin to hear and see and perceive God and His Spirit and all that goes on in the spiritual realms outside of this time space dimension whatever better. I know He desires this too so please pray for that in my time left here as well...


Ok the power died so we'll see if there's enough juice left in the batteries to let me post!!

Much love from Kampala!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home