Sunday, July 02, 2006

I just realized that you guys are probably thinking, "what the heck does an IDP camp even look like?" Well I didn't take any pictures when i was inside of one just to be sensitive to the people there that are pretty darn depressed about where they are at in life, but this is from the road by the largest camp in the north i think, I want to say somewhere around 20,000 all living in these mud/brick/thatch one room huts, working in gardens, and some of them drinking their lives away. It's sad but it's reality up there and i really want to talk about that alot more tomorrow morning

As the summer is winding down it is hard for me to not feel homesick. I mean i'm more than halfway done with my internship but still i have a little over four weeks, and I really miss alot of people back home. Jspence/Andy/Jared/Wes, I miss praying with you guys and just talking about life and hte Lord with you, you have no idea how dear to my heart you have become in the past six months, and i love each and every one of you!

So i guess in that comes me asking for prayers of encouragement, to finish strong, as Paul said to "fight the good fight" with all the fervor and passion I can muster and that the Lord will give me. "surely He has done great things" and will continue to do so. Also pray for more of the holy spirit, that the Lord would open me up to receive Him more and more and be continually changed. He has changed so much in me in the past month and I want Him to do the same in the next month.

Much love kiddos! Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Ber said...

i'm SO glad you're back to the world of blogger.

....i miss you kid. in the worst of ways.

good news is, i might be walking next time i see you. :D that's for real. i *might* be able to walk up and give you a huge amber hug. we shall see. [doc says i might be 'walking' at the end of this month, and walking normal by september 1. BOOYAH. God's so tight. it wasn't supposed to happen until the first of the year. answered prayer much? heck yes.]

praying for you like crazy, bro. you don't even know....

love.

7/04/2006 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home